Thursday 8 August 2013

A big gift...slow start!

Hi Guys :)

Well I haven't had much time to stitch this week due to how sleepy I have been!  Working in London (when you come from Scotland) can be quite a pain and this week I have really felt it.

This week I have been working on a present for my boyfriend.  It is a very large piece and I am making very slow progress!  There is a lot of confetti stitching and due to the fact that I am working on black aida, some of the colours make it very difficult to stitch.

The piece is a Star Trek piece (as my boyfriend and I love Star Trek!) and it is a picture of the Voyager ship with 7-of-9 beside it.  It is an extremely large piece measuring 21" by 14" which is a massive 300 x 200 stitches (60000 stitches!)  Now this is probably small to some but it is massive to me!  I know that some HAED designs can be a lot bigger than this but for me this is the biggest work I have ever done! 


This is my progress so far.  I still have a lot to go but it is coming on in leaps and bounds.  My boyfriend thinks i'm 'getting there' but I had to explain the design is roughly ten times her actual head!


This is how the design will look when it's finished.  As you can see, it's a lot of dark blues on a black background.  Not great, but I am sure I will be happy with the finished look!

For anyone who is interested, I got the chart from:

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/spacebaby/Cross_Stitch/Star_Trek_Voyager_page2.html

The website is pretty good but I have only used them once.  Just wanted to point out as well that I am in no way affiliated with this website!  This is just something that I have used in the past and, if you are interested in this type of cross stitch, it is a good website to explore.

Also my threads have come from ebay.  I order for a number of thread suppliers so not exactly sure where I got these ones from!

Anyway, I hope you have liked a look at my progress and I hope to put another few blogs up in the coming weeks.

Thanks for reading and stay stitchy! x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment